just went through that myself.
No, didn't wake up dead on morning.
But the exchanger was cracked.

Pricing I got was for an 80% efficiency 80KBTU forced air, with a 13 seer 
A.C. unit for under $7000, and since it was their off season they wee 
willing to toss in a humidifier and purifier.
92% efficiency was no more than $2k more. but in that, there had to be in 
flow piping through the brick wall.
I think it was Coleman company quoted.
I got family to do it, as they are University medical maintenance and said 
that the pricing was way too high.
So what did they do? They hooked up 220V instead of 110V to the blower 
motor and after 9 days without heat, we spent another 5 (after just a 
tease of what heat was like again) getting a burned out motor (smellin 
insulation through the vents) replaced.
Um, if nothing else, pay the greater amount *just to have someone you can 
demand will come out first thing in the morning; and carries liability 
insurance if in case the wire something incorrectly and cause a fire. (we 
had not fire,  thank heavens)
IMHO



On Fri, 16 Feb 2007, Max Robinson wrote:

> You might have a hole in the heat exchanger.  If you do you could wake up
> dead some morning.  Better run to the nearest store and buy a C O detector.
> And do it tonight.
>
> Regards.
>
> Max.  K 4 O D S.
>
> Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Transistor site http://www.funwithtransistors.net
> Vacuum tube site: http://www.funwithtubes.net
> Music site: http://www.maxsmusicplace.com
>
> To subscribe to the fun with tubes group send an email to,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Kevin Doucet" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: <[email protected]>
> Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2007 9:39 PM
> Subject: [BlindHandyMan] what to know about replacing your central unit
>
>
>> Hi list,
>>
>> This just might be a question especially for Boyce Ray, but, I
>> welcome any help from all!
>>
>> I have been smelling gas when my heating unit starts up. The gas
>> seemed to be coming from the air vents. I had my gas company come out
>> to see if it was the gas meter and they tell me it is the burner
>> being clogged and needing servicing. I had a local HVAC company come
>> out and clean the burner but I think I still am smelling gas. Can
>> this just be an accumulation of gas which has not dissipated or do I
>> need to get the HVAC folks back out?
>>
>> Also, my central unit, natural gas heating and electric air is
>> getting long in the tooth. It is not energy sufficient and I an
>> thinking about replacing it. I would like to know what to consider
>> when replacing this sort of unit and as well as any and all
>> ramifications and concerns that matter with an undertaking of this
>> type. I am not considering doing it myself. I just want to know
>> things to look at and consider; IE, energy savings verses cost of
>> replacement, tax rebates for this sort of home improvement, heat pump
>> verses a duel gas heat / electric A C, ETC.
>>
>> Any and all help is appreciated.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>>
>>
>> Kevin Doucet
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>
>>
>> confuse as says
>>
>> Blind man with unmarked forehead has large belly!
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> To listen to the show archives go to link
>> http://acbradio.org/handyman.html
>> or
>> ftp://ftp.acbradio.org/acbradio-archives/handyman/
>>
>> The Pod Cast address for the Blind Handy Man Show is.
>> http://www.acbradio.org/news/xml/podcast.php?pgm=saturday
>>
>> The Pod Cast address for the Cooking In The Dark Show is.
>> http://www.gcast.com/u/cookingindark/main.xml
>>
>> Visit The Blind Handy Man Files Page To Review Contributions From Various
>> List Members At The Following address:
>> http://www.jaws-users.com/handyman/
>>
>> Visit the new archives page at the following address
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
>> For a complete list of email commands pertaining to the Blind Handy Man
>> list just send a blank message to:
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> Yahoo! Groups Links
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> No virus found in this incoming message.
>> Checked by AVG Free Edition.
>> Version: 7.5.441 / Virus Database: 268.18.0/689 - Release Date: 2/15/2007
>> 5:40 PM
>>
>
>


To listen to the show archives go to link
 http://acbradio.org/handyman.html
or
ftp://ftp.acbradio.org/acbradio-archives/handyman/

The Pod Cast address for the Blind Handy Man Show is.
http://www.acbradio.org/news/xml/podcast.php?pgm=saturday

The Pod Cast address for the Cooking In The Dark Show is.
http://www.gcast.com/u/cookingindark/main.xml

Visit The Blind Handy Man Files Page To Review Contributions From Various List 
Members At The Following address:
http://www.jaws-users.com/handyman/

Visit the new archives page at the following address
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/  
For a complete list of email commands pertaining to the Blind Handy Man list 
just send a blank message to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/blindhandyman/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/blindhandyman/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 

Reply via email to