Yes, well my fence sticks out probably over four inches so using that for a
reference wouldn't be good except for sheet goods. With it folded up flat
though and using the base along a flat surface would allow milling narrower
stock. Because I have the tools though I think i would sooner use a slot
cutting bit on the router table for say cutting a groove around a sheet of
plywood then cutting a tongue on surrounding edge pieces except that it is
easier and much quicker to just use biscuits as intended.

Many years ago I saw Norm Abrams use a bench biscuit joiner. I don't know
just how it worked as I can't see but he seemed to have a bench arrangement
with a fence and the cutter came up from the bottom when he stepped on a
pedal. I am not aware that he has used that in several years but I thought
it might be an interesting insert to build for my router table should I ever
need to do a lot of biscuit joining. I have not seen such a device since.

It is really getting on my t*its that here I have all this time on my hands
and there my shop sits as it was left a month ago. I can't believe that the
Hospital just called "to check on me" with a thought to modified work!

Sure, the blind guy can do the photocopying and filing. The beggars wouldn't
let me near their shop of course. She implied that I would have to use my
vacation time for the trip we are taking next week. One more crack like that
and I will be exploring the possibilities of total disability and they can
start my pension early. Then we will see how much time I can put in my
workshop!

Dale Leavens, Cochrane Ontario Canada
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Skype DaleLeavens