Thanks guys.  I knew I could count on you.  This is a future project, so I 
have some time to learn and do some experimenting.

So Dale, I can build a hollow box and pour the steps over that?  Will the 
wood eventually rot and the concrete will be strong enough to maintain 
it's structure?

The side walls on my steps have this sloped section in the middle.  The 
walls are about 14 inches wide.  The walls have a flat spot at the top, a 
flat spot at the bottom, and this sloped section connecting the upper and 
lower plateau.  Will the concrete be stiff enough to maintain that sloped 
surface, or would that have to be covered with the form?

As far as the rubble.  So I can just throw in anything rock-like into the 
wet concrete?  Will cement blocks and old bricks be OK?  As long as it 
stays well away from the edges.

Now, here is the really nieve question.  When you talk about troweling and 
really working the trowel, what does that mean exactly?  Are you just 
moving the trowel back and forth smoothing over the surface?  Are you 
tapping and patting the surface as well as moving back and forth across 
it?  Are you plunging the edge of the trowel repeatedly into the surface 
to push down the aggregate and get the cream to float to the top?

I think I might try making a few stepping stones before I try my hand at 
anything larger.

-- 
Blue skies.
Dan Rossi
Carnegie Mellon University.
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Tel:    (412) 268-9081


To listen to the show archives go to link
 http://acbradio.org/handyman.html
or
ftp://ftp.acbradio.org/acbradio-archives/handyman/

The Pod Cast address for the Blind Handy Man Show is.
http://www.acbradio.org/news/xml/podcast.php?pgm=saturday

The Pod Cast address for the Cooking In The Dark Show is.
http://www.gcast.com/u/cookingindark/main.xml

Visit The Blind Handy Man Files Page To Review Contributions From Various List 
Members At The Following address:
http://www.jaws-users.com/handyman/

Visit the new archives page at the following address
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/  
For a complete list of email commands pertaining to the Blind Handy Man list 
just send a blank message to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/blindhandyman/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/blindhandyman/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 

Reply via email to