This non-user servicable parts thing makes me think of the following.
I am a vender for audio parts. To the extent that I can recognize
companies I use, others I've used and those that are of their types.
Often times I will ask a manu of high end gear: "could you ugrade the
cable or the RCA jacks to that company's model xxx?"
They say it is non-standard and usually won't do i. When I can I do.
I 've had manu's change out my upgrades to make it "factory spec" whn I've
sent it in for repairs I couldn't do. I've even had to go as far as
removing and redoing an entire mod package for a customer so that my work
wouldn't be tossed by a highly priced manu when sending it back for
repair.