Interesting, so you don't like the way this list is being managed. It sounds like you wish the moderators would be a bit more heavy handed in slapping down off topic posts. If that's the case then you had no business posting a complaint to the list at all. What you should have done is send a message to the owner address which reaches all of the moderators at the same time. That way it could have been handled off list as such things are supposed to be. So remember that for future reference. David Ferrin List Owner www.jaws-users.com ----- Original Message ----- From: "Johnston" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: <[email protected]> Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 2008 11:57 AM Subject: Re: [BlindHandyMan] remote control box
> Hi folks, > This is my first posting. I don't mean to offend anyone, and I hope not > to get a storm of angry e-mails, but here goes... I get scads of > blindhandyman posts every day, more than I have time to read. It seems > that this listserve is used as a method to chat, not learn anything. I > love Ray Boyce's Q&A's because they are educational. > > This message of Bob's is just an observation, and it isn't clear why > anyone would be concerned about his remote controls. > > Does anyone else feel this way- that this listserve would be more > effective if all messages were relevant and each thread doesn't get 40 > messages batted back and forth like the recent "are you sure you want to > be a plumber" barrage? > > With all respect, > Jeff > ----- Original Message ----- > From: chiliblindman > To: [email protected] > Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 2008 8:39 AM > Subject: [BlindHandyMan] remote control box > > > I keep running into remotes. I never watch or listen to anything in my > living room, yet remotes are all over everything. > I am making a box for the window next to the couch to hold all remotes. > There is a remote for the hd cablebox, tv, vcr, two dvd players and a > stereo to sort thru. > When the games are played with this tv their is another one. When my kids > move for sure, this tv is going along, or tv monitor, whatever it is > supposed to be. All I need is the stereo remote sometimes. > ....................bob > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > > ------------------------------------ > > To listen to the show archives go to link > http://www.acbradio.org/pweb/index.php?module=pagemaster&PAGE_user_op=view_page&PAGE_id=33&MMN_position=47:29 > Or > ftp://ftp.acbradio.org/acbradio-archives/handyman/ > > The Pod Cast address for the Blind Handy Man Show is. > http://www.acbradio.org/news/xml/podcast.php?pgm=saturday > > Visit The Blind Handy Man Files Page To Review Contributions From Various > List Members At The Following address: > http://www.jaws-users.com/JAWS/handyman/ > > Visit the archives page at the following address > http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/ > > If you would like to join the JAWS Users List, then visit the following > address for more information: > http://www.jaws-users.com/ > For a complete list of email commands pertaining to the Blind Handy Man > list just send a blank message to: > [EMAIL PROTECTED] Groups Links > > > >
