That is the flu damper spelled f l u. It is to let the smoke out. Often it is a 
chain or cable with a ring on the end of it you reach up into the soot to 
operate. This is assuming a wood burning fireplace. All it usually does is 
raise and lower a sort of trap door.


  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Jewnnifer Jackson 
  To: [email protected] 
  Sent: Wednesday, September 22, 1999 10:33 PM
  Subject: Re: [BlindHandyMan] fireplace flute


  That probably is what I mean. :) I asked someone else how to spell it and he 
probably assumed I meant the instrument, not the fireplace part. I just assumed 
that was what it was really called. I always thought people were saying 
something more like "flu." Communication can fail so easily. :)

  Anyway the part that opens and closes inside the chimney pipe area to let air 
in.

  Jennifer

  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Jeff Kisecker 
  To: [email protected] 
  Sent: Sunday, December 14, 2008 8:33 PM
  Subject: RE: [BlindHandyMan] fireplace flute

  I think she means a floom.

  _____ 

  From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]]
  On Behalf Of William Stephan
  Sent: Sunday, December 14, 2008 5:06 PM
  To: [email protected]
  Subject: RE: [BlindHandyMan] fireplace flute

  OK, I have to ask.. what is a flute?

  I'm in the process of getting quotes on having a gas log lighter installed,
  so I'm curious about all thing fireplace right now.

  -----Original Message-----
  From: blindhandyman@ <mailto:blindhandyman%40yahoogroups.com>
  yahoogroups.com [mailto:blindhandyman@
  <mailto:blindhandyman%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com]
  On Behalf Of Ray Boyce
  Sent: Sunday, December 14, 2008 02:26
  To: blindhandyman@ <mailto:blindhandyman%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com
  Subject: RE: [BlindHandyMan] fireplace flute

  Hi Jennifer

  Contact the Fireplace Manufacturer to ask them what is the procedure for
  obtaining a replacement key. or get a Locksmith in to cut you a new key

  Do you know who used to live there, and where they are now if so give them a
  call to see if they still have or know where it is.

  Regards

  Ray

  From: blindhandyman@ <mailto:blindhandyman%40yahoogroups.com>
  yahoogroups.com [mailto:blindhandyman@
  <mailto:blindhandyman%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com]
  On Behalf Of Jennifer
  Sent: Saturday, 13 December 2008 5:24 PM
  To: blindhandyman@ <mailto:blindhandyman%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com
  Subject: [BlindHandyMan] fireplace flute

  Hey Guys,

  We bought our house last year and did not get the key to the flute on the
  fireplace. Does anyone know where or how I get something like this
  replaced?

  Jennifer

  [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

  [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

  [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

  [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

  [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



   

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply via email to