I've never seen a key for one either but then too, I haven't done much work on 
fire places.  Short of cleaning chimneys or stove pipes.  
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: William Stephan 
  To: [email protected] 
  Sent: Sunday, December 14, 2008 10:04 PM
  Subject: RE: [BlindHandyMan] fireplace flute


  Interesting, I didn't know dampers had keys, I thought perhaps we were
  talking about the allan wrench like key that opens the gas valve on a
  starter-equipped fireplace.

  -----Original Message-----
  From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]]
  On Behalf Of Bob Kennedy
  Sent: Sunday, December 14, 2008 20:38
  To: [email protected]
  Subject: Re: [BlindHandyMan] fireplace flute

  The part that opens and closes is actually the damper. The flue, and I was
  spelling it wrong too, but the flue is the liner to the chimney. 
  Probably more information than anyone wanted to know but I specialize in
  useless trivia...

  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Jewnnifer Jackson 
  To: blindhandyman@ <mailto:blindhandyman%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com 
  Sent: Wednesday, September 22, 1999 10:33 PM
  Subject: Re: [BlindHandyMan] fireplace flute

  That probably is what I mean. :) I asked someone else how to spell it and he
  probably assumed I meant the instrument, not the fireplace part. I just
  assumed that was what it was really called. I always thought people were
  saying something more like "flu." Communication can fail so easily. :)

  Anyway the part that opens and closes inside the chimney pipe area to let
  air in.

  Jennifer

  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Jeff Kisecker 
  To: blindhandyman@ <mailto:blindhandyman%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com 
  Sent: Sunday, December 14, 2008 8:33 PM
  Subject: RE: [BlindHandyMan] fireplace flute

  I think she means a floom.

  _____ 

  From: blindhandyman@ <mailto:blindhandyman%40yahoogroups.com>
  yahoogroups.com [mailto:blindhandyman@
  <mailto:blindhandyman%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com]
  On Behalf Of William Stephan
  Sent: Sunday, December 14, 2008 5:06 PM
  To: blindhandyman@ <mailto:blindhandyman%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com
  Subject: RE: [BlindHandyMan] fireplace flute

  OK, I have to ask.. what is a flute?

  I'm in the process of getting quotes on having a gas log lighter installed,
  so I'm curious about all thing fireplace right now.

  -----Original Message-----
  From: blindhandyman@ <mailto:blindhandyman%40yahoogroups.com>
  yahoogroups.com [mailto:blindhandyman@
  <mailto:blindhandyman%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com]
  On Behalf Of Ray Boyce
  Sent: Sunday, December 14, 2008 02:26
  To: blindhandyman@ <mailto:blindhandyman%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com
  Subject: RE: [BlindHandyMan] fireplace flute

  Hi Jennifer

  Contact the Fireplace Manufacturer to ask them what is the procedure for
  obtaining a replacement key. or get a Locksmith in to cut you a new key

  Do you know who used to live there, and where they are now if so give them a
  call to see if they still have or know where it is.

  Regards

  Ray

  From: blindhandyman@ <mailto:blindhandyman%40yahoogroups.com>
  yahoogroups.com [mailto:blindhandyman@
  <mailto:blindhandyman%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com]
  On Behalf Of Jennifer
  Sent: Saturday, 13 December 2008 5:24 PM
  To: blindhandyman@ <mailto:blindhandyman%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com
  Subject: [BlindHandyMan] fireplace flute

  Hey Guys,

  We bought our house last year and did not get the key to the flute on the
  fireplace. Does anyone know where or how I get something like this
  replaced?

  Jennifer

  [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

  [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

  [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

  [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

  [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

  [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

  [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



   

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply via email to