I wonder if you have some old galvanized water lines.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Spiro" <sp...@iamspiro.com>
To: <blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, January 10, 2010 9:33 PM
Subject: RE: [BlindHandyMan] water question

Gas water heater;
but why the odd taste in the cold water?

On Sat, 9 Jan 2010, Joe Plummer wrote:

> None of this is easy done. Can it be done yes. That old of water heater
> especially if it is electric would do more harm than good. It will more
> than
> likely break causing you to have to buy another one. My recommendation is
> whole house water filter. This will fix your present problem but want fix
> the pipes or water heater. Also a second water filter on your bathroom
> lavatories and your kitchen sink and one on your refrigerator, if you have
> ice maker or ice and water thru the door. This is just me what I would do.
> Unless you have plenty of money and then call a Plummer.
>

> Sign,
> JP ( Joe Plummer)
> joeplum...@tds.net

blindhandyman-ow...@yahoogroups.com
http://www.acbradio.org/pweb/index.php?module=pagemaster&PAGE_user_op=view_page&PAGE_id=33&MMN_position=47:29
Or

Visit The Blind Handy Man Files Page To Review Contributions From Various
List Members At The Following address:
http://www.jaws-users.com/JAWS/handyman/

If you would like to join the JAWS Users List, then visit the following
address for more information:
http://www.jaws-users.com/