Hello Drew,

Le mardi 28 février 2012 à 15:42 -0500, drew jensen a écrit :
> On Tue, 2012-02-28 at 21:31 +0100, Florian Effenberger wrote:
> > Hi Drew,
> >
> > drewjensen wrote on 2012-02-28 20:47:
> > > I simply wanted to comment on one aspect of Florian's email - the idea
> > > that
> > > discussion regarding community by-laws was taking place in private. I
> > > personally can not imagine any scenario where such would be acceptable.
> >
> > what exactly are you referring to? The community bylaws have not even
> > been drafted yet in the form we legally need them as defined in the
> > statutes.
> >
> Hi Florian
>
> From the first email in this thread:
>

> > Hi,
> >
> > Charles-H.Schulz wrote on 2012-02-06 18:25:
> >
> > > Private sending first. Attached are a set of similar yet simplified
> > > community bylaws. What was modified:
> >
> > sorry for being so late on this, Charles. Replying in public, since I
> > think the topic is interesting to everyone.
>
> Does it make more sense now - also it need not be a major discussion,
> it's just a comment.

I think you're right to point this out. There was a private discussion,
in fact there were two, but both indeed had no remarkable importance.

The first one clearly happened privately as it was in the context of the
foundation's incorporation and what really went on was a request to
review the existing bylaws in the light of the existing bylaws and
correct the bylaws if there were in conflict. Then the second private
discussion was me sending a private email to Florian with a draft,
asking him, "so what do you think of that?".

Obviously, these are preparatory works, and some of it could not readily
be made public for legal reasons, but obviously whatever validation
would imply a publication, which implies publicity.

I hope it helps.

Best,

--
Charles-H. Schulz