Hi Andreas, all,
Am 29.10.2017 um 10:29 schrieb Andreas Mantke:
the elections for the next TDF Board of Directors has been started one
and a half week ago. The decision on the list of members that have a
vote in this election has been done by the membership committee in its
current composition. The announcement of the elections was done by the
current chair of the membership committee.

That was his job to do until now.
I asked Cor to make his candidacy as early as possible so that the MC has the ability to react. Cor makes this in a fine way (for me) as he didn't wait too long.

I took not that he nominates himself for the upcoming elections yet,
that he and the MC has to run and oversee.

As he steps down from chair now he won't run or oversee the election.
We have an exeptional MC-meeting about BoD-election tommorow.
And the MC has to vote for a new chair.

Second: I'm not used to a procedure in elections where a candidate is
also the one or part of the group that run and/or oversee the elections
(and/or the entitlement to vote) and I've taken part in elections of
different organizations in the past (smaller and bigger organizations).

It is the same as if the BoD has to vote about some tenders for one affiliated companies. The part is out of voting, overseeing it or something like that.

And in my opinion a process with a clear separation between 'election
committee' and candidates would be in the best interest of TDF and was
also the perception of the TDF founder (Freies Office Deutschland e.V.).
If the founder would have had another perception, the current regulation
with the MC running the elections for the board and the board running
the elections for the MC wouldn't make that much sense.

See the statutes.

Third: I already shared this view with all involved people internal
during the last weeks. My take on this didn't change during the last two
years.

Fourth: I'm also no fan of stepping down during the period of duty to
get the position inside another body.

That is until now the only way to demonstrate to be not involved in election.

--
Grüße
k-j

Member of TheDocumentFoundation