Hi Thomas! Thanks for asking.

On Sun, Sep 15, 2019 at 2:03 PM Thomas Meyer <t.meye...@gmx.de> wrote:

> could there be a Conflict of Interest (CoI)?:
>
> https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10026175/officers
>
> and maybe an issue with self-dealing? And what about good governance
> /compliance?

Public Software CIC was created by Andrew Katz and I specifically to
provide a not-for-profit service hosting FLOSS community initiatives. While
I am a director of Public Software CIC, it is a Community Interest Company
which means no-one (including me) benefits individually from the trading
activities it conducts. CICs are overseen by a government regulator, see
https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/office-of-the-regulator-of-community-interest-companies

Additionally, I am not compensated by Public Software and act in a
voluntary capacity. In any case, we are proposing only that Public Software
host the activities of TDC in the initial stage while it is being
incorporated, a bank account opened (and hopefully the Brexit transition is
crossed). Once those tasks are done, we will move all activities from
Public Software CIC to The Document Collective entity in a suitable
jusrisdiction.  To ensure that the governance of TDC is well formed, the
Board intends to direct a group rather than me individually to define and
operate its governance.

And once I googled the address of Public Software CiC I stumbled over this:

> https://suite.endole.co.uk/explorer/postcode/so17-1xs
>
> (374 companies listed under this address).

Yes, the address is that of a reputable accounting firm, Fiander Tovell
Ltd, who provide Registered Office services to many of the companies for
which they handle accounts. In common with many small community entities,
Public Software does not have any offices so this arrangement is ideal.

Happy to answer further questions on this,

Simon

--
*Simon Phipps*, * Deputy Board Director, *The Document Foundation
*Desk:*  +44 238 098 7027  *Mobile/Signal:* +44 774 776 2816