Hi Kendy,

On 16/02/2022 14:34, Jan Holesovsky wrote:
In other words, my view is that the "let's first hire 2 developers, and
then see" approach is irresponsible, and we should have a plan first.
I would agree with you if that were the case.

The bullet points of the proposal already presented some reasons and started delineating a plan for it, many contributions to the conversation added to that plan more details.

Email threads show that concepts may be difficult to follow but if you read through the emails you would notice that I proposed that the team and the suitable developers will start shaping what we could be focus on from the beginning.

As already said, if we find an excellent a11y developer and one that has already got experience in fixing bugs in some unloved areas then the initial choices would be already made for us. If we only find "generic" C++ developers then naturally we'll have to train them in specific areas which the team will identify.

Naturally, as said in this thread, the developers need to be initially quite flexible and learn to cover different areas including QA and mentorship.

While the team adjust and we discover specific preferences for those developers then they could focus in an area more than others so that they can express their full potential.

Is the "plan" a bit clearer for you now?

I'll find the time to collate together the feedback received by many that help in completing the plan. Just give me a bit of time this is an activity I do by donating my time to TDF without expecting an economical return so I have to tend to other things as well.

Ciao

Paolo

--
Paolo Vecchi - Deputy Member of the Board of Directors