We, the undersigned, would like to express our great concern regarding the definitive closure of the repository of what was LibreOffice Online. Considering the mission of facilitating access to information and communication technologies as a fundamental and strategic achievement of inclusion and exercise of digital sovereignty.

As a foundation committed to eliminating the digital divide in society by giving everyone free access to office productivity tools, the most important thing is to demonstrate that we are committed to offering alternatives to all those individuals and organizations that lack the resources to hire corporate services.

We intend with this message, an absolute rethinking of the vote that established the current condition of the repository, which belongs to the community and should welcome improvements from all over the community, as we consider it goes against the objectives outlined by The Document Foundation.

To avoid the process of atticization, as the clock is already ticking, and, at the same time, emphasize the global nature of the foundation we urge full consideration of the two proposals that have been made so far.

Support Andreas Mantke's effort to revive the LOOL project. Who has already succeeded in upgrading the pre-fork code base to current libraries and dependencies versions. (https://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/board-discuss/2022/msg00684.html) Implement the OxOffice On Line Community Version fork that already has several improvements before the LOOL version has been frozen, including those implemented in the commercial versions, and bugs fixed by them as they see fit. (https://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/board-discuss/2022/msg00694.html)

In any case, since this is a community version TDF must show its commitment to its core values and do everything in their power to grow LOOL community in order to continue development.

Sincerely yours, LibreOffice Community Members and Activists around the world.

--
Uso LibreOffice, por privacidad, seguridad y control de mis datos.
Da un vistazo a la mejor suite de oficina: https://es.libreoffice.org