El Miércoles 10 Jun 2009 19:47:24 David Anderson escribió:
> I'll do this if someone sends me an array
> that parallels the existing $countries array (see below)
> containing the 2-letter country codes used by the FamFamFam images
> -- David

Debian systems, maybe most Linux systems, already have that, even translated
to multiple languages.

See, for example, /usr/share/xml/iso-codes/iso_3166.xml

        <iso_3166_entry
                alpha_2_code="AF"
                alpha_3_code="AFG"
                numeric_code="004"
                name="Afghanistan"
                official_name="Islamic Republic of Afghanistan" />
        <iso_3166_entry
                alpha_2_code="AX"
                alpha_3_code="ALA"
                numeric_code="248"
                name="Åland Islands" />
        <iso_3166_entry
                alpha_2_code="AL"
                alpha_3_code="ALB"
                numeric_code="008"
                name="Albania"
                official_name="Republic of Albania" />
[...]

Or maybe easier to parse, /usr/share/iso-codes/iso_3166.tab

AD      Andorra
AE      United Arab Emirates
AF      Afghanistan
AG      Antigua and Barbuda
AI      Anguilla
[...]

Country name translations to several languages are available in compiled
gettext format, in:
/usr/share/locale/<lang>/LC_MESSAGES/iso_3166.mo

(The ISO3166 two or three letter code is what we should be using to store it
in the database, anyway...)