Hello all,

These days I thought about the development of BOINC Manager, especially
abou wxWidgets and new issues we faced with new upcoming release. And I got
an idea to rewrite BOINC Manager and make it more platform independent than
before.
What if we decide to rewrite it using Typescript as a development language
and chrome as tool to run it the way like Microsoft develops it's popular
products like:
https://github.com/Microsoft/vscode
and
https://github.com/Microsoft/sqlopsstudio

Positives:
- We get very powerful support to render every type of content we want.
This way we can solve problem with news show in HTML format.
- We can potentially involve 'fresh blood' (developers) who can support
application development (as I see now more young people prefer JS and
similar languages rather that old-fashion C++).
- We can redesign Manager application from scratch to make it more modern.
- We can make it even 'multiclient'.
- I am not completely sure but as I see it now we will need less job to
make it cross-platform and there will be less platform dependent code.

Negatives:
- I have no experience using Typescript so I can work on it like a manager
only.
- We will need at least one year of intensive development to make first
release.
- We will need to recruit new volunteer developers. I can work on this but
I can't promise fast results.

What do you think, guys?

Thank you for your attention.

Best regards,