Hi BMC

In the centre position is off.  Push it in any direction you want to switch
it on, you can limit the amount of steam by moving it slightly and you get
a little steam, the more you move it the more steam you get. Once it
reaches the edge of it's travel it locks in the on position.

To switch it off you just nudge it back towards the middle and it flicks
back to the middle and switches off.

Advantages are the instant on/off with the steam and apparently the control
lasts longer because it cannot be over tightened and damage the washers
like the tap control can.

Still getting used to it but will take a video of it's use if you guys want.

JohnB from Joburg :-)