Hi Ira. I'm still trying to get up to speed with the new Quest roaster.
They've made some changes and the roasting guides I've found leave a lot to
be desired. The drum is drilled on the back end and if I roast at the
recommended setting I'll get 2nd crack around 7 minutes. I've been
experimenting and hopefully will have some roasts I'm satisfied with soon.
The good part is with 150 gm batches I get to do 3 batches from each pound.
I got 8 lbs of assorted beans so I could get a wide variety. It's probably
best that I don't add a new grinder in the mix until I get the roasting
sorted out a bit. That said if my internet had not dropped out I would be
on the list. It won't hurt a thing for me to wait and see what comes out
next but I was really impressed with that grinder. Thanks for all the info.
I only make a couple of espressos a day but I love them and have been very
pleased with the BII.

Herman