Got another one form wll. While waiting the brew pressure dropped to
indicated 4 bar, water just pouring into drip tray.

Installed the new unit and it also brewed with lower pressure, screwed it
down all the way and got 8 bar. Over the next 4 days brew pressure rose
until 12+ bar. I backed the screw back and now pressure is stable at 9bar.

Wonder if this is caused by air? I sort of remember something similar when
I replaced before.

Anyway, all set no.

I'd open the old one but my harbor freight snap ring pliers were destroyed
in the attempt.