Kristin,

Given your description, I do *NOT* urge you to read Anita Blake, though your post reminded me of this bit where Anita Blake (a necromancer and vampire hunter who's dating the head vampire of the city and the head werewolf of the city) talks about her pet (stuffed) penguin who's her absolute best friend in the whole wide world =)
--Ian

thank you for caring lynn....well my mother is trying to locate a talk
therapist. (I've been warned NOT to stop with the drugs though. I was a
bit erratic about taking them at the time of my job loss) Oh, I have this
history of...well hard SF sometimes sets me off, spikes of anxiety. Maybe
I shouldn't read it. I"m a readaholic of sorts though.  Shifting
scientific paradigms, religious crazies predicting the end of the
world...THere seems no comfort or security anywhere. Except my teddy bear.
I think he's the next best thing to God I have.

kristin

-- ---------------------------------------- Ian Cabell - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - Nashville, TN "There Is More Than One Right Way"