Aack.  There is no conflict between the Bible and evolution, an opinion that
I share with many, many Christians.  As the years go by, I'm more and more
astonished by the silliness of the idea that Darwin somehow eliminated the
possibility of a creator.  Evolution is a fine explanation of how creation
takes place, as far as I'm concerned.  I believe the mechanisms of evolution
are quite a bit more complex than most people imagine, which conflicts with
the "selfish gene" metaphor, but I find it's difficult to even discuss those
issues, especially when people find out I'm Christian and leap to the
conclusion that I'm trying to disprove evolution.

It's really only a minority that believes wacko ideas such as dinosaur bones
being a trick of the devil.  But we live in a time when the more wacky an
idea is, the more media attention it gets.

Nick