At 09:47 AM 12/16/02 -0600, Julia Thompson wrote:
Dan Minette wrote:

> My "daughter" Nelli and I had a long talk last night about world politics,
> Africa, Europe, the US, land mines, Iraq, etc.  Toward the end of it we
> discussed multi-generation African Americans.  She said that that she has
> been told repeatedly that she wasn't "black enough" because she takes hard
> classes, goes to model UN, etc., instead of "chilling."  She noted that
> first generation African Americans do much better than muli-generation
> African Americans.
>
> I've got a couple of questions about this:
>
> Is this a reasonable sample?
>
> Why?

I can't answer your questions, but this reminded me of something on the
editorial page of my paper this morning.  I found it on-line at
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A59784-2002Dec15.html

<quote>

Knowing more about our audience will help us continue to improve our web site and provide ads that are relevant to our audience. It's fast and it's FREE.

</quote>

What if I don't want ANY ads, relevant or not?

--Ronn! :)

I always knew that I would see the first man on the Moon.
I never dreamed that I would see the last.
--Dr. Jerry Pournelle