On Sat, Dec 28, 2002 at 11:21:22PM -0600, Julia Thompson wrote:

> Personally, I think they should have access to the bike lanes, rather
> than the sidewalks.  The cyclists will teach 'em some manners right
> quick.

Speaking of bikes, a much better solution in most cases than the Segway
is a fold-up bike (Dahon, for eg.). You can take them on the train, and
ride to/from work or home. You can ride in the street or bike lane so
you don't hit pedestrians. And it is MUCH LESS than $5K, and probably
safer in marginally slippery conditions.

--
"Erik Reuter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>       http://www.erikreuter.net/