I wasn't referring to the influence of the oil price on the world GDP. What
I meant was that oil is of vital importance to keeping the economy up and
running. Think of all the purposes we use oil for (FREX, production of
goods, and transport), and then think what would happen if the needed flow
of oil would suddenly stop -- and think what would happen if that flow would
still not have been restarted by the time you run out of your current stock
of oil.

The effects would be disastrous.

Jeroen "Make love, not war" van Baardwijk