At 10:55 PM 2/28/03 -0600, Reggie Bautista wrote:
Ronn! wrote:
(FWIW, I have always hated with a passion books/stories/etc. which end with "He woke up and it was all a dream," and most of the holodeck episodes are essentially that.)

OK, somehow I didn't see this line in your email originally. Please feel free to ignore my question about why you don't like holodeck episodes. :-)

Okay.

FWIW, I hadn't yet responded to that question because I was trying to think of a better way to explain my aversion to them than the line you quote above, without success so far . . .

-- Ronn! :)

Almighty Ruler of the all,
Whose Power extends to great and small,
Who guides the stars with steadfast law,
Whose least creation fills with awe,
O grant thy mercy and thy grace,
To those who venture into space.

(Robert A. Heinlein's added verse to the Navy Hymn)