On 2 Mar 2003 at 0:16, Ronn!Blankenship wrote:

> At 08:31 PM 3/1/03 -0500, Gary L. Nunn wrote:
>
> > > One, there's a criminal who broke and entered, and thus must be
> > > punished for such.
> > >
> > > Two, there's a criminal who owned and fired a unliscenced gun, and
> > > thus must be punished for such. Andy Dawn Falcon
> >

> >So you are saying that the homeowner should NOT have protected his
> >family with the gun because it wasn't licensed?
>

> Of course not.  He should have never had a gun in the first place.
> The homeowner and his family are the ones who should be dead instead
> of the robber.  Besides, the only reason the robber was stealing from
> the homeowner was that society had treated him badly because they
> misunderstood him.  He needed the money for drugs to dull the pain of
> society's rejection of him--
>
> *urp*
>
> [Sorry, I've got to stop this:  I'm about to hurl.  ;-) ]

Sigh. I'm sorry, but it's two issues.

And I repeat - he was offered the slap on the wrist. He's forced it
into court, where I don't think he'll get much sympathy if the judge
does his job in terms of relevant evidence.

I have NO sympathy for the robber. None. But that dosn't change the
unliscenced gun issue.

Andy
Dawn Falcon