A lurker friend of mine told me I should stop writing so much about Star Trek and try to get a thread started about a Brin book. While I'll probably keep talking Trek as long as Marvin, Jose, Debbi and others keep replying, I'm certainly interested in talking about Dr. B.'s stuff also.

Which brings me to this question: how has the list handled spoiler space in the past? Or more to the point, how to we want to handle it right now?

For example, I would probably include spoiler space when talking about _Kiln People_. But if I want to mention a major plot point from _Startide Rising_, should I include spoiler space? At what point do we assume that most people on the list will not require spoiler protection? Two years after publication? Ten years? Twenty? Or should we always use spoiler space just in case?

Reggie Bautista