How was it?  I've been avoiding Brin lately (gasp!)  as the last 2 I read, Sundiver
and Practice Effect, I found to be.. well, not my favorite books ever.  Not bad, per
se, just not so great.  Hearing what little I have about KP, I'm worried its an
Saturday Night Live book - takes a neat premise and goes too far with it.

Ahh, but this sounds too harsh. :/

-j-