*Much* later.  That was in the late 70s.

> BTW, I don't recall having seen any mention to LOGO during this
> programming language thread, ...and it is a very deep language.

But I think it may make a person drowsy.  (Papert sat next to me at a Media
Lab anniversary event and promptly snoozed off.)

> Wow, I'm impressed!, must have been a hoot working with Tim Berners-Lee.
> What great experiences!

TBL is a very fine person.  I miss talking regularly to him; his ideas about
the semantic web fascinate me.  Somewhere on a brin-l page is a lousy
picture of us inside Paris city hall.  At the time, it hadn't really dawned
on me how important his invention was.  But I must have suspected, since I
virtually never bother to get my picture taken with anyone, and sometimes
regret it later.

> I never made it through formal college/university. IBM picked me
> up when I was 16 (finished high school at night) and all subsequent
> training was by them or self.

I might have been happier that way.

> > > I think you're talking about an addition to Smalltalk,
> Apostle, AspectJ?
> > > Wasn't the Palo Alto Research Center (PARC) -- aka Xerox doing some
> > > of the work?
> > > I don't have any URL's handy but I guess a Google whould show some.
>
> > PARC seems to be the thought leader.  I bumped into it via AspectJ
> > (http://www.eclipse.org/aspectj/), an IBM Java effort in that direction.
> > I'm still absorbing the idea.  More at http://aosd.net/
>
> I found my URL, to work done at the University of British Columbia,
> http://www.cs.ubc.ca/labs/spl/projects/apostle/  for Apostle.
>
> I'm currently getting back to some of MIT's Jay Forrester work in
> System Dynamics. I am using VENSIM (http://www.vensim.com/new.html)

A bit far from my life, but I do make heavy use of databases.  Other stuff I
create and develop has to do with web, mail and newsgroup robots, content
analysis, heavy statistical stuff like clustering, link analysis, MDS...
And I'm growing quite intrigued by the possibilities for Topic Maps
(http://www.topicmaps.org/).

Nick