--- Erik Reuter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 12, 2003 at 01:25:17PM -0700, Jan Coffey wrote:
> >
> > --- Erik Reuter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Using

> > > This one.
> > >

> > I don't know. perhaps I was, but perhaps not. I just didn't want to be
> > paraphrasing someone without acknowledging that I might be.
> >

> Sounds rather imprecise to me (joke).
>
> I was just thinking about it, and it occurred to me that despite having
> read a lot of (and about) Feynman, I couldn't recall reading what you
> (possibly) attribute to him. But he wrote a lot, so I could have missed
> it or forgotten.

Yea. I was thinking as I was writing it that it sounded like the bit that the
original quote was coming from. I listened to those lectures on tape during a
snowboarding trip and we discussed them along the way. So it all runs
together. Call me a nurd but I only really on mentioned it to fit in the
recursive joke. :)

Speaking of Feynman and those lectures. I especially like the bit where he
takes an aside and discusses the absurdity of English spelling... or was that
in one of the books? Anyway, he suggests that there would be a way to make
spelling in English deterministic. That endeared him to me and he became one
of my heroes right then and their because I always thought the same thing and
had never heard anyone else who thought that idea was ridiculous.

I am also fond of him because of his work in reversible computation.

=====