On
> Behalf Of John D. Giorgis
> Sent: Saturday, June 14, 2003 1:27 AM
> To: Killer Bs Discussion
> Subject: Re: Where are the European hypocrites?
>
> At 01:34 PM 6/13/2003 -0700 Gautam Mukunda wrote:
> >--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >> I read Dan's statement from the perspective of
> >> native North
> >> Americans. Try that in your analogy.
> >>
> >> Dean
> >
> >I did.  How many native Americans are alive in the US
> >today?  If the number is higher than a few hundred,
> >then that's higher than the number of Jews there are
> >currently living in, oh, every Arab country put
> >together.  I rather think that the number is, in fact,
> >more than a few hundred.  I remain in my belief that
> >the situation is somewhat different, however grasping
> >the attempts at moral equivalence.
>
> Well, Arabs did manage to get to a few thousand:
>  http://www.us-israel.org/jsource/Judaism/jewpop.html
>
> Morocco  7,500
> Tunisia  2,000
> Yemen  800
> Syria  250
> Iraq  120
> Egypt x < 100

IIRC, There are approximately 3 million native Americans in the US
today. CIA Factbook lists 'Amerindians' and 'Alaskan Natives' combined
as 1.5% of the US population, but does not supply exact figures.  I
believe the number was more than 10 times that (30 million+) at some
point last century.

There are considerably more Native Americans in this country than there
are Jews in Arab nations.

More later.  Must Sleep. :-)

Jon