>Now, this is not a certainty; all curves are not regular and
>extremely well
>behaved.  Thus, it would make sense to look at the local slope; which I
>proposed to do by comparing the ecconomic performance under
>Democratic and
>Republican administrations.  I'd be more than willing to consider data
>after, say 1948, accepting the 20-47 data as belonging to a different
>era.**

Interesting information. My first question is whether or not you are making
an assumption that the D and R administrations make direct real-time effects
to the economy while in power. My opinion is that there will be a lag,
similar to the lag understood in the effect of adjusting the prime interest
rate to the rate of growth.

Perhap you could overlay interest rates over the same intervals to see if a
pattern develops.
Nerd From Hell