----- Original Message -----
From: "Chad Cooper" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'Killer Bs Discussion'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2003 1:36 PM
Subject: RE: Comparision of ecconomic growth

> >Now, this is not a certainty; all curves are not regular and
> >extremely well
> >behaved.  Thus, it would make sense to look at the local slope; which I
> >proposed to do by comparing the ecconomic performance under
> >Democratic and
> >Republican administrations.  I'd be more than willing to consider data
> >after, say 1948, accepting the 20-47 data as belonging to a different
> >era.**
>
> Interesting information. My first question is whether or not you are
making
> an assumption that the D and R administrations make direct real-time
effects
> to the economy while in power. My opinion is that there will be a lag,
> similar to the lag understood in the effect of adjusting the prime
interest
> rate to the rate of growth.

IIRC, Erik did a two year lag study, and found similar results. Obviously,
if you lag enough, the effect has to go away. :-)

One interesting facit of ecconmic growth is that, while Federal taxes as a
% of GDP has remained constant, the source of the tax revenue has shifted
to lower income taxpayers and away from businesses.  This has been matched
with slower growth, and a tremendous disparity in the growth of the  income
quintiles.

Dan M.

Dan M.