--- Dan Minette <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
http://econ161.berkeley.edu/movable_type/archives/000949.html

> we find recent quotes from the IMF showing that the
> US now leads Europe in
> productivity per hour as well as productivity per
> capita.  Considering the
> fact that the US has a large undereducated
> immigrant population in the
> labor force, and Europe has much higher unemployment
> rates this is fairly
> remarkable.
>

> Dan M.

I believe that historically it has almost always been
the case, however.  For most of its history wages in
the US have been substantially higher than those in
the rest of the world - something you could only
sustain with significantly higher productivity.

=====
Gautam Mukunda
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
"Freedom is not free"