On 26 Jun 2003 at 13:07, Dan Minette wrote:

> **One might argue for including 45-47.  However, if one doesn't
> include the great wartime improvement in GDP between 41 & 45, I don't
> think one should include the relatively small letdown right after the
> war.

That's certainly a factor for Europe - Britain effectively spent
itself into oblivion during WW2, and a lot of Europe got hammered -
and a lot of the rest was promptly dumped into community regiemes.

However, I'm going to suggest that the data you have isn't entirely
accurate. Europe as a whole is about to expand, and the countries
which it is expanding TO...some were community and still have rapidly
growing markets.

The dropping of trade barriers alone would do a lot to the European
growth, and the Euro is a further factor.

I wouldn't be complacent as an American.

Andy
Dawn Falcon