John Horn wrote:
 Give me
a full-size LP for cover art anyday.  Of course, not too many of those
left...

Bryon Daley replied:
I especially miss the novelty LP album covers (like my original Led Zeppelin III cover with the picture wheel in it) and the double albums with suitable-for-hanging-in-your-dorm-room trippy artwork inside.

I still have the original fold-out LP of News of the World by Queen. I also liked the cover for Physical Graffiti by Led Zeppelin -- IIRC it had cutout windows for a subtle but nice 3d effect. The only really nice work I've seen done on a CD is the multi-panel fold-out on Sting's Soul Cages album, and the nicely textured cover for the LOTR:TTT Special Edition soundtrack CD.

Reggie Bautista