--- Erik Reuter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Deborah Harrell wrote:
>
> > Hmm, what about astronomy?  Centuries of looking
> at the skies, yet
> > quasars/pulsars weren't discovered until the 60's
>
> Not a good example. If we had a pulsar right next to
> us, and we studied
> it for decades, but never noticed that it was
> pulsing, then you would have a point.

Hmm, I think that's overly picky, b/c my example was
'studying the skies' -- I think of 'religious
experiences' etc. as a broad feild, not a single
thing, and we do know facts such as this percentage of
people claim to have seen a deity, that number to have
stigmata etc.  (I could look up the actual percentages
if you wish, but I don't think that will really make a
difference to you... :} )

Debbi
who just had a dose of chocolate and nuts as
"Thornton's Choccies," which someone brought back from
London  :)