There are dangers there. Take these seven factors and turn them around. Some
of them will not sound so pleasing once you get under the surface and down to
the "WHY" the Lt. Cln. addresses.

A highly effective society could also emplode with tyrany.

What kind of life are we willing to have where we work all the time and never
play.

What happens when those at the top realize that they can tap and use these 7
failures to their advantage? What happens when all of the -real work- is
farmed out to Indea, China, and Mexico?

Where will the middle income family be to buy all those electronics and
software? If all tangible goods are produced in other countries, how will the
Americans afford to buy all that stuff?

They Won't but that wont matter to the most wealthy becouse they don't care
who buys the goods, just as long as someone does.

You may complain and contradict this by saying that it is just like the issue
with women entering the workforce. I agree that any subjugation of any group
is wrong. And on principle I agree that women should be, and inherently are,
equal.

However, the emergant property is very troubeling. I do not wish to be 70 and
working long hours every day. What kind of life is it where you get out of
bed go to work, leave work, come home and go directly to bed? Many do that
now, and are proud of it. They are nothing but drones doing the bidding of
those who spend most of their day on the gulf course. I look at it and one
word comes to mind. That word is "slavery".

No thanks! That is NOT Life or Librity, and certainly NOT the persuit of
happyness.

And due to the very fact taht education in these other places simply is not
what it is in the US, you get a lower quality product. You get product that
fall apart, or do not work as designed. Or worse only product that has a
complexity low enough to be built in a waterfall fasion rather than thought
through and perfected.

While I personaly agree with the Cln. on every one of the 7 points, the
underlying issue (the 8th habit) is much much more troubeling.

The 8th habit is [ Intrest by society for the individual to maintain a high
quality of life.].

=====