--- Jan Coffey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- Julia Thompson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Jan Coffey wrote:
> >
> > > However, the emergant property is very troubeling. I do not wish to be
> 70
> > and
> > > working long hours every day. What kind of life is it where you get out
> > of
> > > bed go to work, leave work, come home and go directly to bed? Many do
> > that
> > > now, and are proud of it. They are nothing but drones doing the bidding
> > of
> > > those who spend most of their day on the gulf course. I look at it and
> > one
> > > word comes to mind. That word is "slavery".
> >
> > Depends on the individual and the work.  I can cite one case that's
> > probably *extremely* out of the ordinary where a 70-year-old, laid off
> > and eligible for a pension, took the pension and spent the next 10
> > months trying to find *another* job in his field, and didn't admit he
> > was probably never going to have such a job again until near the end of
> > those 10 months.  (And it's not as if he couldn't have afforded to
> > retire 10 years earlier.)
> >
> >     Julia
>
> You misunderstand me. That's not what I am talking about. I would love to
> be
> working and productive at 70. However, I don't want to be unemployed
> becouse
> I cost more than some shlup in Indea who will work 80 hours a week for 1/4
> the cost. And what is more, I don't want to work 80 hours a week. I would,
> after all, like to be alive so that I can be working and productive at 70.
>
> How about you?

And before anyone misunderstands me, -NO- I don't want the poor Indean
national to have to work 80 hours a week for 1/4 the pay eaither. And -YES- I
would like him to be as gainfully employed as me.

It's not about US verses Them. It is about keeping US jobs in the US and
about rewarding loyal citizens for that citizenship and productivity which
has made us greate. If you want one world governemnt then fine, but that
should mean that they (that all) should get all the protections we in the us
are having taken away from us daily. Until there is a world government
Corporations who got where they are through the work of the US citizen should
not then be allowed to take those Jobs elsewhere. They recieve tax breakes
specificaly becouse they are expected to use those tax breaks to create more
jobs here in the US. If instead they create those jobs in other countries,
then they are steeling from the US taxpayer.

=====