Russell wrote:
A lot of this is simply the context the books are written in - it is entirely from Harry's perspective. I can't think of any narration that occurs outside Harry's observation, and Harry only associates himself with the good guys. Draco, Dolores, Lucius et al probably have quite interesting multi-dimensional lives, but Harry never sees any of that because of his limited contact with them, whereas he has deep and meaningful discussions with the good guys on a regular basis.

The Inner Life of Draco Malfoy... God, what a scary thought ;-) But that's definitely a good observation, I had not thought of it that way. Now that Harry is getting older and having his illusions shattered, I wonder if he'll start to see any of those characters as more than just "the bad guys."

Reggie Bautista