On
> Behalf Of Julia Thompson
> Sent: Saturday, August 02, 2003 1:58 PM
> To: Killer Bs Discussion
> Subject: Re: Intent and language
>
> Dan Minette wrote:
>
> > ORIFLAMME.
>
> ORIFLAMME?
>
> OK, I know that my mind is being dissolved by so many hormones and so
> many other things to think about (such as pending lactation), but I
> can't figure this one out even with some effort.

Probably not what Dan meant, but that was the name given to a
French-designed VTOL single-stage to orbit craft, if I'm not mistaken.
It never got out of the blueprint design stage.  Was supposed to be a
huge improvement on the space shuttle.

I could be wrong.  It's been a long time.

Jon

Le Blog:  http://zarq.livejournal.com