----- Original Message -----
From: "Julia Thompson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Killer Bs Discussion" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, August 10, 2003 5:35 PM
Subject: Re: Most Dangerous States

> Doug Pensinger wrote:
> >
> > http://www.morganquitno.com/dang02.htm
> >
> > Nevada 7th most dangerous
> > Texas 14th
> > New York 24th
> >

> How does the District of Columbia stack up against the states?

In 96 DC had 267 total firearm deaths for a rate of 60.86 per 100,000.
That gives an area with total gun control the #1 firearm deathrate, almost 3
times as much as #2 Louisiana who does not control guns.

The truth is it shows just how worthless these stats are, at least in the
US, since one can always travel a few mile to get firearms if one is so
inclined.

Even more worthless is comparisons to British murder rates.  Crime
(non-firearm) is much more violently perpetrated in Britain as compared to
America. ( In one stupid argument, I saw an American arguing with a Brit
that our criminals were much more civilized LOL)

It just a completely different dynamic at work.

xponent
Death Or Dismemberment Maru
rob