Horn, John wrote:

> > (Unlike Delaney's _Dhalgren_, where by page 100 most
> readers have given up
> > and thrown the book away in disgust . . . )
>
> That would be me in that group.

I've had that book on my to-be-read shelf for years.  And with
reviews like that, it will probably stay there for years more!

The day my wife-to-be said "yes" about 30 years ago, I started keeping a
list of all the books I've read.  It was just something I started doing.  In
all that time, I've finished everybook I've started except two.  "Dahlgren"
is one and "Shardik" by Richard Adams is the other.

George A

P.S.  Dang!  I went off-subject on my own post.