Jim Sharkey wrote:

> I got Time Enough for Love also.  What's it about?  I'm afraid my Heinlein
exposure has been minimal.

And you call yourself a Science Fiction reader ;-)

Time Enough for Love follows the exploits of 2000-year old Lazarus Long,
first introduced in Methusela's Children.  The book opens with Lazarus
wanting to die, an not really being allowed to by his descendant's.  They
are violating the rights of a family of long-lived people.  The reason being
is they want his "wisdom."  Seems the human race is going to hell in a
handbasket (again) and they think what he's learned over his life time will
help those who intend to escape the downfall (which doesn't necessarily
happen).  Lazarus and one of his descendants, Ira, reach and agreement.
Lazarus will tell his story while Ira looks for something "new" for Lazarus
to do; seems he thinks he's about done it all in his 2000 years.

The book then flips back and forth between Lazarus telling stories and the
present day (in the book).  Eventually they find something new and the
latter third of the book or so is him actually doing it as well as setting
up a new planet.

I'm a big Heinlein fan and this book is probably my favorite novel.

George A