On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 20:18:24 -0500, Julia Thompson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Doug Pensinger wrote:

How many here ever used a slide rule?

Define "use". Chewing on it for teething purposes count? :) If so, I was using one before I was 18 months old, maybe even before I was a year old.

I *have* used the two that I inherited from my father, on occasions
where it was just easier to whip it out and use it for an approximation
rather than use a calculator and get a degree of precision that I really
didn't need.  (And yes, one of them has toothmarks on it.)

Well I wouldn't remember how to use one, but I do remember they were pretty handy before calculators came along. Once you got the gist.

Teeth marks might make it harder to read in places though...

--
Doug