> Julia Thompson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Deborah Harrell wrote:
<snip>
> >...It tasted like very bland 'dirty rice,' which is

> > a Cajun dish made of various giblets/assorted
> >undefined animal parts/rice/onions etc.

> It sounds like Sammy's favorite lunch is a somewhat
> cleaner version of
> "dirty rice" -- it's rice, red beans, spicy sausage,
> and some pepper, red
> and green.  It's fairly spicy -- when he first asked
> for a bite of Dan's,
> we figured the spiciness would turn him off of it,
> but he loved it.
>
> Wonder if my having eaten lots of Tex-Mex during
> pregnancy and lactation
> had anything to do with it?  :)

<scratches head>  Well, I don't know if capsaicin (one
of the 'hot' chemicals in peppers) crosses the
placenta or makes it whole into breast milk (I do know
that certain chemicals in frex broccoli *do* wind up
in milk), but AFAIK it's unusual for toddlers to like
spicy food, so -- maybe!  Sounds like a potential
research project to me...

<snip>
> > Spice Girl Maru  ;)

> Have you been around any time I posted the taco soup
> recipe?  :)

Ooh!  Nope...re-post, pretty please with serranos on
top?  ;)

Curry At 'Little India' Yesterday For Lunch Maru  :)