From: "Michael Harney" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Killer Bs Discussion" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Outlandish but exceedingly fun.
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 17:01:44 -0700

I still think Scarans are superior. They may be a bit slow, but they are stronger and practically bullet-proof.

Well I can create Jem' Hadar extremely quickly. Besides they're my favorite color blue...

Assuming that the G'ould mothership had the latest (in the SG-1 series) in
shield and weapon technology, I would say it would win the battle against
the Borg Cube unless the Borg Cube was actually piloted by Borg. Star Trek:
TNG early Borg episodes demonstrated that the power of the Borg ship in
regeneration and defenses/adaptability relies on the actions of the Borg
crew working as a coordinated unit. If the Borg are piloting the Borg Cube,
the G'ould Mothership wouldn't stand a chance IMO.

Interesting. However lets look at weapons and shielding. How well would the Gouald shielding hold up against a barrage of fire from the Borg? Reciprocate that and think on Borg shielding holding up against the Gouald weapons which are essentially just really big particle weapons.

Personally though, I would choose a Leviathan gunship equiped with a peacekeeper defence field. High weapon power, self-repairing (as long as damage isn't too extensive), and can escape quickly if the situation calls for it.

How about a Berserker? (Mr. Blankenship should know what that is)

If you think Tinman and a Leviathan gunship are too outlandish, how about
the Scimitar from Star Trek: Nemesis?  It took two Romulan Warbirds and the
Enterprise E just to cripple the ship (and the battle resulted in the
Romulan Warbirds and the Enterprise E being even more crippled than the
Scimitar, only an internal attack on the Scimitar resulted in its
destruction).

Nothing is too outlandish, as long as it adheres to some unwritten, unofficial rules. As long as we're talking about starships, it makes no sense to say something like "Q could take em all".<lol>

But even sentient creatures like the Crystaline Entity are valid.

Let me pose a scenario. Lets say you colonize a system (this is a conglomeration of any and all fictional Universes that you can dream up). You have ten million "drones" working for you, just to begin some rudimentary industry, whatever. Anyway you have the Edo Guardian orbiting your planet (looks like a phased cloke, could possibly be inter-dimensional). Suddenly you detect a Borg tactical cube on an intercept course with your planet. You have the Edo Guardian protecting you, but are you afraid? Do you have faith in the ability of the Edo Guardian to protect you and your planet. If not then what other singular craft or in some cases entity would you want for defensive purposes?