Gautam,

I don't have the time to adress this in full (I just
got a teaching job on the side, and its proving more
challenging than I had anticipated), but let me ask
you this: what do you think would have happened if the
Iraqi army proved to HAVE some spine, and decided to
turn their cities into fortresses and engage Allied
troops at every turn, and contest every shopfront,
every street intersection? While I don't neccessarily
want to denigrate the achievements of our troops in
the field, but a big part of our success, and why
casualties during the actual offensive were so low, is
in a certain extent because the Iraqis chose not to
challenge us so stiffly, and a large segment of their
army abandoned their duty.

Damon.

=====
Damon Agretto
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum."
http://www.geocities.com/garrand.geo/index.html
Now Building: