From: Matthew and Julie Bos <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Killer Bs Discussion <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: This Is Spinal Ta-, er, Metallica
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 21:59:20 -0500

My favorite stuff, the stuff I keep in my iPod, would be from the 80's.
Light happy stuff like Metallica, Anthrax, Megadeth, Slayer

You like Slayer!? Neat. How heavy are you willing to go, if you don't mind my asking? Do you listen to the likes of Sepultura, Soulfly, Pantera, White Zombie, Coal Chamber, or newer bands like Godsmack, Papa Roach, Korn, Static-X, Andrew W.K., Sevendust, Drowning Pool, Flaw?

I have seen Metallica about 18 times.  Every tour from
Hell on Earth on.

Woah!! Fan(ATIC) alert!!<lol>

I will try to see them on this latest tour, I just hope
they don't play too much new stuff.  Not that its bad musically, it just
doesn't seem to be all there.

It's missing solo's!! And it infuriates me!! What hard rock/metal is missing is good ole kick 'n the ass guitar. Few bands are carrying the flame. And when Metallica tries to reinvent themselves or something, and omits SOLOS...well it's sickening. But at the same time I like St Anger more than most of their older stuff. So I'm a walking contradiction...

My other favorites are the guitar gods of Stevie Ray Vaughn and Joe
Satriani.

Satriani is one of my fav guitarists. Though he is behind Vai, Malmsteen, Buckethead, and a few other select band guitarists such as Slash, Bratta, Van Halen, Petrucci and perhaps a few others.

About that grunge thing in the 90's...most of the bands from the 70's were
musically superior.  It just seemed that lyrical anger was more important
than musical ability. YMMV.  Although it was nice because it was the only
time my ugly flannels I wore in high school were in fashion.

>From Vinyl to iPod,
Matthew Bos

I don't like the word Grunge. It's not really accurate.

-Travis "left out Black Label Society" Edmunds