Dan wrote:

Uh-huh, just like no data is necessary or possible concerning your
self-awareness. But, talking about that is diverting, because you believe in it. :-)

Don't we see instances of what _appears_ to be free will and self awareness almost continuously throughout our lives?

Doesn't the existence of a deity require almost total fabrication since we see nothing that induces us to believe that there is a god that can not be explained in more logical terms?

Doesn't it follow that religion was invented in order to explain things that we could not otherwise understand, and doesn't the evidence show that religion has evolved from primitive ways to explain things to more sophisticated artifices?

IMO, you need strong evidence to _disprove_ something that appears to be true and strong evidence to _prove_ something that appears to be a fabrication.

--
Doug