Dr. Brin, good article. But you say that the Fundamentalists are
promised the Supreme Court, and then say that all three groups
have gotten their reward, but demand more (their in-'satiability'
as you put it.). Now, I don't recall any Supreme Court
nominations in the past four years, so isn't it a tad inaccurate
to say so?
Also, you *could* recouncile the neo-cons and the Left Behinders
if you push Judgement Day far off enough into the future.  After
all, you don't need eternity to build a star-going empire led by
philospher-kings, just a large but finite amount of time. Of
course, it does seem a little pointless if God is going to come
and make everything way better than mere humanity ever could.
And also, I notice you reference the excerpt 'The Philospher of
Islamic Terror', but not teh Book (Terror and Liberalism). Why's
that? The book is well worth reading too.
~Maru